At Advantage Metals Recycling, we strive to be good neighbors, good stewards of the environment and a great place to do business.
Our employees, customers, communities and environment deserve nothing less than our very best every day.
We take pride in our company commitment to the:
- Culture of safety. A goal of zero accidents. Ever.
- Culture of environmental awareness. Because scrap yards help save the Earth.
- Culture of integrity. We follow strict standards for what materials we will accept.
- Culture of giving back. Supporting the communities in which we work and live.
We strive to be a good neighbor in the communities in which we do business. For example, all our facilities support local community fire departments, providing space and vehicles for firefighters training with “Jaws of Life”.
We work with fire and police departments, and have developed strong community partnerships with programs like:The
- Partnering with Pettis County Fire Department serving residents in a local Sedalia nursing home
- Boy and Girl Scouts of America
- Ronald McDonald House
- Junior Achievement
Safer for the planet and your neighborhood.
We have always worked diligently with law enforcement and state and local legislators to find ways to deter theft of metal items without creating undue hardship on the many good citizens who chose to do the right thing and recycle metals instead of letting the metals be lost forever in landfills. Our purchasing processes always comply with federal, state and local law requirements and our trained staff help explain the requirements as needed, as the requirements often vary based on the type of metal that are being sold.
Working with communities…and the people who protect them.
We are deeply rooted in the communities where we do business and are respected for our integrity. Community residents and leaders know we have strict standards for what materials we’ll accept at our facilities. For example, we have the most comprehensive radiation detection system in the industry and have received awards for our performance in this field. We make it easy for customers to drop off ferrous or nonferrous scrap and get paid quickly and reliably. We also help communities maximize their tax base, while minimizing their local environmental footprint. Serving those who serve and protect..
Real Recycling Facts
- 2 out of 3 pounds of steel made in the U.S. is manufactured using ferrous scrap
- The United States annually recycles enough ferrous scrap (by weight) to build more than 600 Golden Gate Bridges
- Recycling 1 ton of steel conserves 2,500 pounds or iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone
- The United States annually recycles enough copper to provide the copper content for 25,000 Statues of Liberty
- If all aluminum scrap processed in the United States were used solely to produce standard soda cans, the lined-up cans would stretch 25 million miles – the distance from Earth to Venus
- In 2012, the United States aluminum can recycling rate hit a 20-year high
- Approximately 67% of the aluminum used in North America is from domestically recycled content
- Of an estimated total 700 million tons of aluminum produced in the world since commercial manufacturing began in the 1880s, about 75% is still in productive use as secondary raw material
- Scrap recycling reduces greenhouse gas emission by requiring significantly less energy to manufacture products from recyclables than directly from iron ore and by avoiding landfilling
- Energy saved using recycled materials versus virgin materials is up to:
- 92% for aluminum
- 90% for copper
- 56% for iron and steel
The Nucor-Environmental Award
Our commitment to the environment helped Advantage Metals Recycling to earn the Nucor Environmental Award. This prestigious accolade is presented annually to Nucor affiliates who have achieved environmental excellence.
A Commitment to Safety
AMR Recognized for Safety Achievments
Taking Pride in Our Communities
At Advantage Metals Recycling, we’ve built a reputation for integrity, reliability and honesty with our suppliers. And, as a good corporate citizen, we take seriously our responsibilities to preserve and protect the environment, provide a safe workplace and give back to the communities in which we do business.
We are a role model in the scrap industry, recognized as a leader in safety and environmental stewardship. As such, we provide community awareness and student education, utilize state of the art technologies, provide a safe environment for employees and customers, and strive to be as “green” as possible.